This study, the first of its kind, highlights some very intriguing data trends, including everything from the hard and soft skills most prevalent in the resiliency profession, trends in career assessment and management, tips on training and personnel development, and an assessment of the top skills in demand by hiring managers.
Interested in receiving a customized BCM Peer Career Benchmarking Dashboard for this study? You may still participate and request your customized dashboard once you submit your study response.
- 38% of professionals with less than 15 years total work experience chose Business Continuity as a career path in college or shortly thereafter.
- 35% view their role as a career in which they’d like to do more, but it’s hard to grow professionally.
- 19% are active leaders within a BC association or user group.
- Managers target program management skills when hiring entry-level BC professionals, but then target program design strategy skills when hiring at the senior-level.
- Key soft skills include: Change Agent, Emotional Intelligence, and Situational Awareness