Software Engineer in Test
Start: May 2021
Location: USA – Remote during Covid-19. East Coast-based candidate preferred.
Relocation: No relocation provided.
Travel: Minimal as needed for meeting with Director of Software Development and team.
Salary: DOE. We offer a competitive total compensation package.
Working at Castellan is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that’s changing the way Business Continuity (BC) professionals think about the BC process. We strive to provide cutting-edge tools to help keep businesses moving through any type of event or threat that occurs. To support our growth, Castellan is hiring a Software Engineer in Test. This position works with the Development and Product teams to design, implement, and test an award-winning Business Resiliency solution. This role requires individuals to turn a business vision into a reality. It includes integration, API, and GUI test automation, with performance and scalability in mind. Experience in web development test automation with an object-oriented programming language is essential for this position.
Does this sound like you?
Do you relish being an application specialist? We need you to solve complicated problems and ensure we have a fast, elegant, and brilliant application! You will help invent the future of BC planning. Are you PASSIONATE about realizing great design through code, and do you have the conviction to stand behind your opinions about the projects you work on? You should know how to be confident and consultative at the same time. You must not be afraid to defend your ideas, be criticized, and even be wrong! Do you understand what it means to work in a professional, agile, software engineering environment? You must take pride in checking in bug-free code that has been tested through automation that you write. Are you a fast learner, effective communicator, great listener, and a team player?
- A degree in computer science or similar curriculum
- At least 5 years of experience delivering customer-facing software
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming techniques
- Knowledge in C#, Microsoft SQL and ASP.NET MVC, with a deep understanding of how the back-end integrates with the front-end
- Experience building multi-system test environments and automated test suites
- A history of collaborating with other developers, product managers, devops engineers, and fellow test engineers to create and execute an effective testing strategy
- Experience specifying, designing, and implementing automated test framework to guarantee quality by preventing defects from making it to our customers
- Expertise in UI and Back-End/Restful API Testing
- A proclivity for researching, developing and/or recommending tools to assist other SETs in test creation, execution, and reporting
- Experience using source control systems such as Github
- Hands on experience with C# and Ruby on Rails
- Hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server and/or MySql database systems (MariaDB)
- Experience with delivering both single tenant and multi-tenant SaaS and/or PaaS solutions
- Experience with Scrum, Agile, or similar lifecycle methodology
- iOS/Android development
- Behavior-driven test automation (SpecFlow and RSpec preferred)
- GUI test automation (Capybara preferred)
- Experience testing software performance
We take pride and ownership in our work. Our teams work with product management to decide what to work on next with the goal of maximizing value delivered to our customers and end users. We put a high emphasis on innovation, giving all team members multiple chances throughout the year to work on special projects that could have a positive impact on our products, teams, processes, and tools. We encourage professional growth on our teams. You will not be held back from achieving your goals!
We expect all of our employees to step up to the plate, be proactive, identify “gotchas” early in the process, be committed yet flexible, and to be team players. We spend a lot of time together. We work hard, and we have fun at the same time. We’re excited to add a new member to our family – will it be you?
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.