Senior Product Manager
Industry: Business Continuity/Operational Resilience Software + Consulting
Start: October/November 2021
Location: East Coast based – Remote during Covid-19. No relocation provided.
Travel: Minimal as needed for meeting with the VP of Product and team
Salary: DOE. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Castellan a leader in the business continuity consulting and software industry is adding a Senior Product Manager to the Team.
As a member of our Product Management team, you will join a team of bright, fast-paced product managers. You will work with all our internal teams and clients to build cutting edge platform modules that power the growth of our business and drive value for our customers. You will be building, managing, and growing new and existing products and modules to further the differentiation of Castellan in the resilience management market. We are smart, innovative, and ambitious, and are looking for people to join us that align to our vision and values.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product strategy for your portfolio as well as working with the assigned cross-functional Scrum team to drive product delivery. This responsibility extends from helping to increase the profitability of existing products and capabilities to developing new and differentiating products and features for the platform. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop innovative new ideas based on your research and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a blend of strong business acumen and technical savvy, attention to detail, and the drive to execute on a product strategy.
You will work with your assigned Scrum team in multiple locations in the US, UK, and India to define and document requirements and deliver new features and product enhancements. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work very closely with Product Management, Engineering, and SaaS Operations to execute on product delivery. You will also work closely with the client-facing implementation and support teams to deliver enablement, ensuring they possess expert-level knowledge to configure product features and respond to client inquiries. You will also regularly engage with Marketing, Product Marketing and Sales on positioning and sales training.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Present and evangelize your product roadmap with internal teams and externally with customers/prospects.
- Gather and understand market drivers and requirements through frequent interactions with a wide range of customers in diverse vertical markets while applying industry research and competitive landscape analysis.
- Manage Scrum team backlog based on project priorities and the product roadmap.
- Define product strategy to achieve bookings and revenue targets
- Own pricing and packaging for your product
- Define and fully document all requirements in the form of Agile epics and stories.
- Evaluate and prioritize client-reported issues and enhancement requests
- Prepare and refine all project tickets with the assigned Scrum Team.
- Host stakeholder review meetings to present new projects, to present status or to train internal stakeholders.
- Write and collaborate on release notes, client-facing product documentation, and training material.
- Lead client-facing webinars to share product advancements and thought leadership.
- Meet with clients to understand their current needs for product improvement, demonstrate new features, evangelize the product roadmap, or run Early Adopter programs and design reviews.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define the go-to-market approach, helping teams understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target client profiles.
- Collect and analyze product feedback from internal stakeholders and customers.
- Work with the Learning (Castellan University) and Support Teams to ensure product documentation is complete and client-facing training courses are available for new product features.
- Collaborate with other Product Management team members in planning future product releases.
- Help manage and onboard ecosystem partners and enable them to build integrations with the Castellan platform.
- 8+ years of strategic product management or related experience in an enterprise SaaS software environment (B2B) working directly with clients.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- 5+ years of Scrum experience.
- P&L ownership or deep understanding of P&L for product portfolio
- Knowledge of SAFe Principles is a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Experience working with teams in various locations around the world.
- Knowledge of Sales, Marketing, and software development processes in a fast-paced cloud software environment.
- Experience with training internal stakeholders on use of software solutions.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to quickly learn and understand new and evolving web technologies.
- Basic understanding of RESTful APIs, integration mechanisms, and connectors.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do approach coupled with an ardent desire to make a difference.
- Proficient in driving for results with a sense of accountability, ownership, and ability to change pace and focus due to dynamic ecosystem.
- Ability to travel to other Castellan locations post pandemic and to client locations (approximately 10%).
- Experience with analyst relations (Gartner and Forrester) is a big plus.
Who You Are?
- Tenacious: you are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- Curious: You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious: You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble: You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
- Team Player: You understand that the team’s success is you own success and share responsibility when their team experiences difficulties along the way.
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
About Castellan Solutions
As the largest provider of business continuity and operational resilience solutions – spanning consulting, software, managed services, and staffing – Castellan is uniquely positioned to help clients find the right balance of risk tolerance and resilience to protect their employees, brand, and bottom-line. Leveraging a proprietary proven process for driving business continuity success, Castellan partners with clients to establish a clear vision, drive real results, and provide on-going support from their community of business continuity experts. Castellan helps clients replace uncertainty with confidence. Now you’re ready.TM
Castellan is strategically and financially backed by Resurgens Technology Partners.
For more information, visit castellanbc.com
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
If you experience issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens – BC Management – a Castellan Solutions company at email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791.