Director, Customer Success
Industry: Resilience Management Software | Consulting
Start: Spring 2022
Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote – East Coast-based
Salary: DOE. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Castellan a leader in the resilience management consulting and software industry, inclusive of crisis management, operational resilience, business continuity and IT disaster recovery, is adding a Director of Customer Success to the revenue team.
Job Summary: As the Director of Customer Success at Castellan, you will lead a high-performance 15+ person customer success team to deliver best-in-class solutions for our top global customers. You will do this by partnering with internal and external stakeholders to understand the gaps and opportunities with our Software + Managed Services solutions to drive account-based product demand. By establishing your team and Castellan as trusted advisors within accounts, you will transition relationships from “vendor” to “partner” status. In doing so, you will drive product adoption, consumption, and pull through, leading to world-class expansion and renewal rates.
The ideal candidate will have a successful background in customer-facing roles and a strong technology background. The candidate will also be extremely organized, an effective people and time manager, and passionate about helping customers derive value from the Castellan product suite.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of, lead, and inspire a team of Functional Leaders Customer Success Managers, Digital Customer Success Managers and Account Managers.
- Attract, grow and retain top talent, while providing clarity of purpose, in an environment conducive to diversity of thought, innovation, and personal career growth
- Establish trusting relationships with your peers across Sales, Services, Product, Channel, and Support to ensure cross-functional alignment at scale
- Assess and understand your customers’ business value drivers, success criteria, and KPIs to develop and deliver success validating ROI across your portfolio
- Take ownership of multi-million dollar business across multiple industries and use cases. Understand and relay trends in your business, develop solutions, and provide recommendations to maximize your business results
- Link and prescribe the adoption and use of product features/functionality and services to the achievement of key customer business outcomes.
- Build and nurture executive relationships across accounts to solidify our partnership and commitment to the customer while penetrating the account deeper.
- Champion compelling customer business reviews and executive sessions to better understand their business and technical needs while showcasing value to influence your partners.
- Ensure a regular cadence of customer Executive Business Reviews to track progress towards their stated business objectives
- Create a consistent and valued customer experience developing and scaling repeatable methodologies and proven best practices
- Work closely with the sales organizations to develop and execute growth plans and strategies to drive consumption and customer success.
- Operationalize key national/global programs to ensure the team can scale to meet the needs of our customers and do more with less over time.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years of Customer Success, Professional Services, Sales Engineering, or equivalent experience in enterprise software
- 8+ years in experience in customer success or related role
- At least 5 years of management experience leading teams of 15+ comprised of managers and individual contributors
- Experience owning a $50M+ ARR book of business which contributes significantly to the bottom line
- Proven experience with oversight, strategy, and usage of Gainsight for revenue management.
- Experience working for an enterprise commercial SaaS company preferred
- Strong understanding of Cloud Computing and the business benefits
- Leadership experience in major transformation efforts involving significant process, organizational and technology change
- Comfortable working remotely and performing well, given a high level of independence and autonomy
- Proficiency with concepts and technologies used in infrastructure, cloud operations, networking and security
- Ability to travel nationally and occasionally globally, as needed
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Who You Are?
- Tenacious: You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- Curious: You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conceptual: You hear and translate customer or prospect problems into the ideal solution to solve business challenges permanently.
- Conscientious: You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble: You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
- Team Player: You understand that the team’s success is you own success and share responsibility when their team experiences difficulties along the way.
- Commitment to Results: Consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results.
- Priority Setting: Focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions.
- Creativity and Innovation: Seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions.
OUR CORE VALUES
Customers come first. There’s no us without them. We bend over backward to help, support, and uplift our customers. We add value in every interaction.
Egos come last. We stay humble. We listen to learn and understand. We share what we know—and pursue and accept feedback with grace. We keep an open mind and assume the best of each other. We have each other’s backs.
Optimize. We’re constantly curious, welcoming ways to make our people, processes, and platform better. Wherever we can simplify or streamline something, we do.
Own. No hot potatoes here. We pick up the reins, act decisively, and always, always follow through.
Enjoy. Enthusiasm, positivity, and passion propel us. Generosity and kindness are contagious. Together, we make this a great place to work.
About Castellan Solutions
As the global provider of resilience management solutions – spanning consulting, software, managed services, and staffing – Castellan is uniquely positioned to help organizations find the right balance of risk tolerance and resilience to protect their people, reputation, customers, and bottom-line. Leveraging a proprietary proven process for driving organizational readiness and response, Castellan partners with clients to establish a clear vision, drive real results, and provide ongoing support from their community of resilience experts. Castellan helps organizations replace uncertainty with confidence. Now you’re ready.TM
Castellan is strategically and financially backed by Resurgens Technology Partners.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
If you experience issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens – BC Management – a Castellan Solutions company at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 562-260-6791.