Location: USA – Remote during Covid-19. East Coast-based candidate preferred.
Relocation: Relocation will not be provided.
Salary: Depends on experience. We offer a competitive total compensation package.
Castellan Solutions a leader in the business continuity consulting and software industry is adding a DevOps Engineer to the team. Upon joining the team, you will have an immediate opportunity to contribute to the reliable operation of our core products. You will be challenged to manage a combination of legacy and cutting-edge technologies using Kubernetes as the core operating system. This diverse role is empowered to take any actions needed to: improve the reliability of our systems and improve the productivity of our engineering team. This is an exciting, critical role that is crucial to the success of the Castellan!
- Manage our 3 cloud-based SaaS applications and their corresponding infrastructure in AWS and Azure.
- Builds and deploys automated release pipelines for testing and production
- Works directly with software development to ensure quick resolutions to software issues.
- Identifies, designs, and implements productivity enhancements for the engineering team
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; maintaining documentation.
- Exceptional problem-solving, strategic, and analytical skills combined with excellent business acumen.
- Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels to deliver results.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent execution, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to adapt and change with the needs of the organization and business.
- Enjoys being challenged and stretched and is focused on continuous professional development and career progression.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with .net or Ruby
- Experience with Nginx
- Experience with CI/CD – ADO Pipelines preferred, or Jenkins, CircleCI
OUR CORE VALUES
Customers come first. There’s no us without them. We bend over backward to help, support, and uplift our customers. We add value in every interaction.
Egos come last. We stay humble. We listen to learn and understand. We share what we know—and pursue and accept feedback with grace. We keep an open mind and assume the best of each other. We have each other’s backs.
Optimize. We’re constantly curious, welcoming ways to make our people, processes, and platform better. Wherever we can simplify or streamline something, we do.
Own. No hot potatoes here. We pick up the reins, act decisively, and always, always follow through.
Enjoy. Enthusiasm, positivity, and passion propel us. Generosity and kindness are contagious. Together, we make this a great place to work.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
If you experience issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens – BC Management – a Castellan Solutions company at email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791. To learn more about Castellan, please visit us at https://castellanbc.com/company-info/