Location: USA – Philadelphia, PA or Western Suburbs region
Castellan Solutions a leader in the business continuity consulting and software industry is growing its software development team. You will work with the Development and Product teams to design, implement, and test an award-winning Business Resiliency solution. This role requires individuals to coordinate multiple teams and cultivate a strong engineering culture. The successful candidate will be hands on with the code and career development of our developers. Our team is growing fast, so there will be continued opportunity for advancement. Experience in MVC web development is essential for this position, preferably Ruby on Rails in a large team environment.
- This job demands someone who knows how to get the best out of teams and individuals
- Successful hires share two traits: confidence AND modesty
- Decision-making, though swift, is very calculated and singular with some focus on collaboration
- Docker (or another container technology) experience
- Significant knowledge of modern architectures and design patterns.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 5+ years’ experience building applications at scale with Ruby on Rails or another object-oriented language (Python, Django, etc.)
- 2-3 years experience in managing developers and scrum teams
- Plenty of experience with the usual suspects (MySQL, Redis, RSpec, Cucumber, Git, Linux, etc.)
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (jQuery, Bootstrap, React, etc.)
- Experience designing and building systems, features, and applications
- Ability to quickly jump in and solve systemic problem problems quickly
Who You Are
You relish enabling others. We need you to empower developers to make our SaaS application fast, elegant, and awesome! You will help invent the future of business continuity software.
You are PASSIONATE about realizing great design through code, and you have the conviction to stand behind your opinions about your projects. You should know how to be confident and consultative at the same time. You must not be afraid to defend your ideas, be criticized, and even be wrong!
You are a fast learner, effective communicator, great listener, and a team player
You have experience that you can leverage to help take our product and team to the next level through simplification of complex solutions, scalability, and innovation.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
If you experience issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens – BC Management – a Castellan Solutions company at email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791. To learn more about Castellan, please visit us at https://castellanbc.com/company-info/