Business Continuity Consultant (Contract to Hire)
Industry: Software | Managed Services
Status: 3+ month contract to hire
Location: Remote USA-based. No relocation will be provided.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% as needed for client meetings
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Seeking candidates with 5-8 years’ experience in business continuity planning.
* Seeking candidates with 3+ years demonstrated experience in professional services/management consulting.
Upon joining the team, you will quickly be assigned to working on one or more client-facing engagements, helping determine the right level of resiliency for their organizations. You will apply the clients proven process to implement business continuity and crisis management-related programs that are uniquely tailored to the organization you are working with. The ultimate goal is to ensure that our clients are prepared for a disaster or business disruption and have the right capabilities to respond following an event. You will work through the business continuity lifecycle of identifying the scope and direction of the program, interviewing business leaders to identify requirements and risks, developing response and recovery strategies, and documenting plans to make strategies repeatable. You will also work closely with clients to exercise and test response and recovery strategies and identify ways to manage activities over the long-term. The clients we work with are extremely diverse and range from small businesses and non-profits to Fortune 500 companies.
In addition to the client facing consulting work you will be performing, you will also be involved in numerous internal initiatives designed to help move the organization forward to meet its strategic objectives (e.g., process building/improvement and other cross-functional projects).
The clients specialized business continuity consultants are characterized as high-performing team members who are driven, intelligent, logical, and have an excellent ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written form. You will quickly build and maintain relationships and must be able to navigate the strategic and tactical levels of any organization you work with. You will typically operate in a matrixed environment, depending on the particular client engagement to which you are assigned. You can be assured that you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of segments and markets and will have excellent exposure to several organizations.
The client has a high-performing culture, and we work to develop the skillsets of our consulting team members. We provide opportunities for professional development, autonomy to independently manage client engagements, and a fast-paced environment that will challenge you and provide unique opportunities to see how many organizations work.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Executes and manages business continuity-related project tasks responsible for delivering client-ready work, such as analysis and planning
- Develops the knowledge and skills to be viewed as a subject matter expert
- Demonstrates competence with Assurance’s software tools or other BC software tools.
- Participates in internal meetings and initiatives
- Identify opportunities for additional work
- Authors blogs, perspectives and other thought leadership-focused materials
- Works closely with managers and other team members to improve team performance
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- CBCP, MBCP, MBCI or FBCI preferred
- 5-8 years performing business continuity consulting services (business-oriented, not exclusively technology-oriented)
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Familiar with designing or performing all aspects of the business continuity lifecycle (program design BIA, risk assessment, strategy development, plan documentation, exercise facilitation, training and awareness, assessment)
- Experience and ability to deliver outstanding, second-to-none client service
- Flexibility and creativity when it comes to applying industry practices to solve complex problems.
- Familiarity with enterprise risk management concepts and practices
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
OUR CORE VALUES
Customers come first. There’s no us without them. We bend over backward to help, support, and uplift our customers. We add value in every interaction.
Egos come last. We stay humble. We listen to learn and understand. We share what we know—and pursue and accept feedback with grace. We keep an open mind and assume the best of each other. We have each other’s backs.
Optimize. We’re constantly curious, welcoming ways to make our people, processes, and platform better. Wherever we can simplify or streamline something, we do.
Own. No hot potatoes here. We pick up the reins, act decisively, and always, always follow through.
Enjoy. Enthusiasm, positivity, and passion propel us. Generosity and kindness are contagious. Together, we make this a great place to work.
About Castellan Solutions
As the global provider of resilience management solutions – spanning consulting, software, managed services, and staffing – Castellan is uniquely positioned to help organizations find the right balance of risk tolerance and resilience to protect their people, reputation, customers, and bottom-line. Leveraging a proprietary proven process for driving organizational readiness and response, Castellan partners with clients to establish a clear vision, drive real results, and provide ongoing support from their community of resilience experts. Castellan helps organizations replace uncertainty with confidence. Now you’re ready.TM
Castellan is strategically and financially backed by Resurgens Technology Partners.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
If you experience issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens – BC Management – a Castellan Solutions company at email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791.